Do you know the benefits of eating the apple? Well, of course, eating apples has more benefits than only five, but it would take a very long time to list them all since these are just the most obvious of all benefits. So here’s the top health and wellness benefits of eating the fruit:
- The first of the health benefits of eating the fruit is their overall effect on one’s health. Studies show that the vitamin A content of a normal apple is enough to prevent heart disease. Apple extracts have also shown promising results in lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Other studies show that the antioxidant content in the fruit is also extremely effective in protecting the body against several diseases.
- There’s no better way to fight off bad cholesterol than by eating an apple. The high antioxidants present in apples can help cleanse the body from harmful pollutants such as free radicals, thereby reducing the buildup of plaque on the walls of arteries. Moreover, the high fiber content in apples helps reduce constipation as well as diarrhea.
- Eating an apple every day has been proven to be very effective in fighting heartburn. Studies show that drinking half a glass of apple juice everyday can drastically reduce the acid production in your stomach, thus making it easier for your digestive tract to process food. It also improves the function of your lower esophageal sphincter, thereby easing the tension that happens when your digestive system becomes too active and your food passes through too quickly.
- Not only is the apple good for your health, but it’s also extremely good for your skin. The antioxidant content found in the fruit’s skin can protect against premature aging by preventing cells from degeneration.
- Besides all the health benefits mentioned above, eating apple is also good for your mental health. The antioxidant content in the fruit helps the body fight free radicals that can cause diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer’s and heart disease. When you eat the fruit, it can prevent the growth of tumor cells, prevent the accumulation of toxins in the body and improve the immune system.
- Eating apples every day is also believed to be very effective in weight loss. Many dieticians say that the antioxidant contents in the fruit can help regulate your appetite and help in burning fat while you eat.
These are just a few of the many health benefits that can be acquired by eating the fruit every day. Of course, you shouldn’t consume the fruit just for the sake of consuming it. The health benefits are only one aspect of this fruit, so it would still be good to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals that will boost your health in other ways as well.
Aside from the health benefits, another reason to eat the fruit on a regular basis is because it has been proven to be one of the easiest, cheapest and safest ways to lose weight. A recent study showed that people who ate an apple every day experienced significant weight loss within two weeks. By making a couple of healthy changes to your lifestyle, such as getting more exercise and eating a diet that is rich in antioxidants, you can lose weight much more effectively than you could have ever imagined.
While eating apples can certainly aid you in losing weight, eating any type of fruit or vegetable is still going to help. No matter what kind of fruit or vegetable you choose, remember to keep in mind that fruits and vegetables don’t have to be high-fibered to be healthy.
Some fruits are high-fibers, while others are low-fibers. Fruits with a high-fibers contain plenty of fiber while fruits with a low-fibers don’t. In fact, if you eat plenty of berries, oranges, peaches and tangerines, they’re all excellent choices as they both have high-fibers.
When you make the switch from a fatty, high-fibered diet to an all natural, low-fibered diet, your body will find it much easier to adjust to a healthier way of eating. This means you’ll burn more calories and keep your metabolism on track and stay healthy.